This “competition” is open to everybody, and to win you don’t need to see the most birds or get the most lifers – you just need to get out birding and submit three (or more) qualifying checklists during the conference. Here are the details:
- If you don’t already have an eBird account, go to eBird and sign up. You might also want to go to the appropriate store for your phone/device and download the eBird app so that you can enter your list as you bird.
- During the conference go out birding at least three times. Submit a complete eBird checklist for each time out. Report all species you could identify by sight or sound and include counts for each species. For a checklist to qualify, it must be complete, and must have counts for all species (no X’s).
- If you are able to, attach photos and/or audio recordings to at least one of your checklists to increase your chances of winning (and the more the better!). For instructions on how to attach media to an eBird checklist, go here.
- IMPORTANT: Each list needs to be shared with user “NAOC2020” as well as anybody else in your birding party (this is how we keep track of the lists submitted for this competition).
- Everybody who has their name on three or more submitted checklists will be entered into the drawing for the final prize – merchandise from NAOC and eBird!
- The drawing will happen at the closing event. No need to be present to win, but you will want to be at the event because it will be a lot of fun!