We welcome commercial, non-profit, and government exhibitors, advertisers, and sponsors to join us for the first-ever virtual North American Ornithological Conference! You are crucial partners for NAOC, and we cannot express how highly we value your participation. Our pivot to a virtual format will allow for an even greater diversity of attendees than would have convened in Puerto Rico, and the NAOC 2020 virtual meeting will be the largest, and likely one of the only, gatherings of professional ornithologists held in 2020.
Click here to purchase your exhibit table, sponsorship, or advertisement.
Why Partner with NAOC?
- Full, Week-Long Meeting. The meeting will take place August 10-15, Monday through Saturday, with workshops on Monday and the opening keynote on Tuesday. Each day of the main conference we will include stimulating plenary lectures plus many concurrent talk and poster sessions, as well as multiple roundtable discussions and lively, interactive networking events, including opportunities for exhibitors to interact with attendees in live demonstrations of their products. Live interactions should attract high attendance. All exhibitors and sponsors will have their logo displayed on every page of our website.
- Broad Temporal Access and Exposure. We have tailored the schedule to enable broad, live participation across the multiple time zones of the Americas. All of the live talks and poster presentations will also be recorded, and registered attendees will have free access to view any of them for 30 days post-conference at their leisure, including associated recognition pages for sponsors and exhibitors. A general schedule can be found here: https://naocbirds.org/schedule-special-events/.
- Low Registration Costs and High Expected Attendance. Thanks to the generosity of sponsors, NAOC host societies, and a National Science Foundation grant, participation in the virtual meeting will be completely free for students, most early professionals, emeritus members/retirees, and many participants from designated special countries. For all others, registration will cost only $25 for professionals from special countries and $50 for those from other countries. We expect record high attendance across North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean as a result of low registration costs and broad accessibility.
Exciting Opportunities & Return on Investment in a Virtual Meeting
For information and details on exciting sponsorship opportunities, please contact Melinda Pruett-Jones at email@example.com.
|Complimentary conference registration||1||1||1|
|Logo featured on NAOC website||•||•||•||•|
|Logo featured in printed program||•||•||•||•|
|EventPilot app: Logo, ad, link to website||•||•||•||•|
|EventPilot app: Media files||•||•||•|
|Zoom: Logo on landing slide for all plenary and scientific sessions||•||•|
|Zoom: Dedicated 30-min live session to demonstrate products||•|
|Branded Slack channel for extended communication before, during, and after conference||•||•|
Virtual Meeting Platforms for Maximum Exposure
- Zoom Virtual Meeting Platform. We will be using Zoom Webinars and Meetings (https://zoom.us/) as the main platform for our plenaries, oral presentations, posters, workshops, round-table discussions, meetings, and many networking events. Exhibitors will have the opportunity to schedule a live 30-minute Zoom demonstration of their products during one of the sessions devoted to networking events.
- EventPilot Online Conference Planner. The entire program will be seamlessly integrated through the EventPilot conference app and online desktop planner, which attendees will use to access all program content and events through their mobile device or a browser on their computer (https://www.ativsoftware.com/eventpilot-conference-app-features/online-itinerary-planner/). The EventPilot desktop planner will have a Virtual Exhibit Hall with individual pages for exhibitors and sponsors for displaying their logo, an ad, a link to their website, and multiple types of media files.
- Zoom Landing Page for Scientific Sessions. The scientific program will include live oral and poster presentations during up to 13 parallel sessions each day, which will each be subdivided into two or three 90-minute periods with breaks in between (see: https://naocbirds.org/schedule-special-events/). At the beginning of each of these sub-sessions of papers and posters, including the plenary lectures, we will have a landing page visible to all attendees that acknowledges sponsors and exhibitors.
- Additional Slack Communications Platform. Before, during, and after the conference, we will be providing an additional free communications platform (https://slack.com) that will have persistent chat rooms (channels) organized by topic, the capacity for organizing public and private groups, and direct messaging capabilities with and among attendees. This platform will allow exhibitors to have a branded Slack channel, with opportunities to interact directly with attendees for an extended period of time (up to 15 days pre- and 30 days post-conference).
- We can provide additional custom-tailored opportunities through which sponsors and exhibitors may provide attendees incentives to attend their sponsored digital events or visit their virtual exhibits before, during, or after the conference. For example, exhibitors could provide discounts or VIP access to additional content as rewards for attending their product demonstrations.
- We will produce a formal, printable pdf for all conference attendees that provides the detailed schedule of all talks and posters in the scientific program; background information on the NAOC; short bios of our Keynote Speaker, Plenary Speakers, and Award Winners along with abstracts of their presentations; and descriptions and detailed schedules of symposia, round-tables, workshops, exhibitor demonstrations, and networking events. This document will be permanently archived on the collaborating society’s websites as their formal record of the conference proceedings. All exhibitors will be recognized in the printed program.
- Exhibitors and sponsors can receive additional exposure through ads (quarter to full page) in this printed program (see options below).
|Advertising in Printed Conference Program*||Price|
|¼ page ad in Conference Program pdf||$250|
|½ page ad in Conference Program pdf||$500|
|Full page ad in Conference Program pdf||$750|
|Inside back cover of Conference Program pdf||$1,100|
*Artwork for the program must conform to the specific dimensions of your ad size purchase, provided at 300 dpi or higher with proper crop marks if it requires cropping; full bleeds allowed. Eps, pdf, tiff, or jpg ﬁles will be accepted.
Exhibitor Terms and Conditions (including cancellation policy) can be found here.
If you have any questions about exhibiting and/or advertising, please send inquiries with the subject line “NAOC Advertising” to firstname.lastname@example.org.